JOB Title: administrative assistant
- 16-20 hours per week
- $10/ hr
- Up to 40% off unlimited membership
- Up to 40% off merchandise
rollstar jiu jitsu academy is a brazilian jiu jitsu and martial arts academy for children and adults. The role of the administrative assistant will be to manage the reception and Front areas of the academy, including:
- Opening the facility before classes begin;
- Making, answering and returning phone calls;
- Sending and returning emails;
- scheduling appointments;
- welcoming/checking in students and guests;
- answering questions from/providing information to students and guests;
- discussing membership options with students and guests;
- giving brief facility tours to guests;
- providing uniforms and other gear to students and guests;
- logging all new guest, lead, and student information into our electronic system;
- keeping the reception and front areas of the academy clean and tidy at all times;
- stocking the reception and front areas with merchandise and necessary equipment;
- hanging/storing clean uniforms for students/ guests to use;
- collecting/storing dirty uniforms and towels to wash;
- taking cash and credit card payments for merchandise;
- logging all daily merchandise sales;
- and performing other minor administrative tasks as necessary.
- Applicant must be 17 years of age or older to apply for this job.
- Applicant with experience working with or training in grappling related sports and/or martial arts is preferred.
- Applicant should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Applicant should possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Applicant should possess excellent customer service skills.
- applicant should possess strong attention to detail and be able to multi-task.
- applicant should be self-motivated, quick-to-learn, and be able to work independently.
- Applicant should be fluent at using gmail, google sheets, forms, and documents.
- Applicant should be able to work well with both children and adults.
- a driver's license and car is a plus, but not required.
- fluency in multiple languages, especially Spanish, is preferred, but not required.